Saturday, October 31, 2009

Here Come the Ketones

Right now, as I type, Maddie, the cat is gathering more and more candy from our Fall Festival.  She and her 2 brothers, Batman and Superman will bring home their 12 pound stashes, and momentarily, we will forget that we have diabetes.

There will be candy and empty wrappers all over the living room floor soon, and I will not be stealth enough to know or see who eats what.

Soooooo, this is going to be a long night of checking, rechecking, and checking blood sugar again, and maybe we'll even get a little ketone action in there.  That's always fun for me.  Maddie usually gets more urine on my hands than on the stick.  Good times, good times.... 

*Sigh* Halloween.......Can't live with it, CAN live without it......

4 comments:

  1. I'll be with you in spirit. When your up, you'll know that we are all up along with you. Hope your night goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet friend. I hope your night is smooth, as well. Times 3~ : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I hope you had a smooth night .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a fun night...our numbers weren't bad at all...of course, I just jinxed myself

    ReplyDelete